How to Obtain Club Historic Vehicle Registration:
1. Download, read and understand the HSVOC Historic & Classic Registration Rules. If you proceed to apply for the Club’s Historic Vehicle Registration, it will be on the basis that you have read, comply and agree to the conditions therein.
2. Click here to download and then complete an RMS Historic Vehicle Declaration Form (1259). For new registration you will also require a separate Change of Records Form (1021) to apply for inclusion in the 60-day log book trial, Click here to download Form 1021.
3. Obtain an insurance cover note for Third Party Property or Full Comprehensive Insurance for your vehicle.
4. Obtain a vehicle report (Pink Slip) from an authorised inspection station.
4. Contact the Historic & Classic Vehicle Registrar and arrange to bring the vehicle in for an Eligibility Inspection to confirm that the vehicle is eligible for Historic registration. Bring your completed RMS Historic Vehicle Declaration Form (1259), insurance cover note and Pink Slip with you. Once successfully inspected, the Historic & Classic Vehicle Registrar will sign and stamp your RMS 1259 Form.
5. Request a “proof of financial membership” letter by emailing the Membership Secretary at email@example.com .
6. Take the Pink Slip, proof of financial HSVOC membership and completed/stamped RMS Historic Vehicle Declaration Form 1259 to an RMS Motor Registry and apply for Conditional Registration. Note that CTP insurance, provided by QBE Insurance, is issued as part of the conditional registration and only applies if the vehicle is being driven on a road, or road related area, in Australia. Advise the RMS Clerk that you want to participate in the Log Book Scheme. Click here then scroll down for RMS Conditional Registration costs.
7. To complete your Club Historic Vehicle Registration process, please then scan and email a copy of your Historic Vehicle registration form to the Historic Vehicle Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed in the HSVOC Historic Vehicle file.
To print a copy of these instructions in pdf, please click here.
Historic & Classic Vehicle Registrar:MICHAEL BENTON Phone: 0411 019 112