Australian Reptile Park Somersby
Sunday 4th February 2024
The Australian Reptile Park is a hands-on, interactive zoo, based in Somersby on the beautiful NSW Central Coast in Australia.
Being classed as sitting within the top 10 tourist destination to explore within Australia, the Central Coast is the place to be
with the Australian Reptile Park giving visitors the chance to interact with native animals and catch exciting wildlife shows!
Our rich and fascinating history began with the late and great Eric Worrell. What started with humble beginnings in 1958 has now grown into one of Australia’s premier tourist attractions.
As the only zoo in Australia committed to saving lives with a snake and spider venom milking programs, we’ve contributed to saving over 300 lives a year for the past 50 years.
The venom that we produce is used to generate all land snake and funnel-web spider antivenom in Australia.
What can I expect from my visit to the Australian Reptile Park?
- Hand-feed kangaroos in our free-range kangaroo area – it’s the best place to see kangaroos in Australia!
- Meet Hugo the giant Galapagos tortoise on his daily walk through the Park
- Have a close encounter with a koala, alligator, python and more at our daily photo sessions
- Witness the ferocious power of Elvis, Australia’s Crankiest Croc.
- See over 40 species of native and exotic reptiles in the Lost World of Reptiles and throughout the Park
- Visit Spider World to see a funnel-web spider milking and check out Tarantula-ville – home to some of the largest spiders in Australia!
- See the endangered Tasmanian devil and discover how the Australian Reptile Park is helping Aussie Ark to save the iconic species.
- Enjoy the children’s adventure playground.
Cost is $48.00 per adult, $33.00 per child. Prices include BBQ and Table hire.
Bring your own food along and use one of the two BBQ’s we have hired to cook it.
Bookings and payment is essential to confirm numbers.
Closing date for bookings is
10:00pm Friday 2nd February 2024
7:45am – Meeting Point 1: Thornleigh McDonalds
8:15am – Drivers Briefing
8:30am – Depart, heading along Pennant Hills Rd to the M1 to the Australian Reptile Park.
9:10am – Arrive at the Australian Reptile Park.
12 noon – Meet at the BBQ area for lunch