Sunday 18th March 2018
Riding a Segway is quite simply amazing; it feels like nothing you’ve experienced – because there’s never been anything like it. It is fun and adventure wrapped up in one fantastic experience!
Most people have never ridden a Segway and this is probably why it is our most popular activity. Besides being full of fun and adventure, Segway Team Challenges is great as it is not a strenuous activity, it can be enjoyed by everyone (we have had people aged 12 to 65 participate) and you don’t need any special skills or sporting abilities.
After a quick lesson in how to master these amazing machines, each team will appoint safety officers, team leaders and delegate amongst themselves various tasks. They will then test their skills in a variety of fun adventure based obstacle challenges and team games whilst riding their Segway such as;
- Top Shot – Race through the poles, reach the throw line, throw your Frisbee whilst balancing on your Segway and knock the bird off its perch to become the top shot.
- Segway Soccer – It’s time to try out for the Olyroos, can you navigate the 1m high soccer ball through the goal posts and score the winning goal for your team.
- Precision – Time to get into your yellow velcro bumble bee suit so team members can throw sticky balls at you which you must catch on your suit whilst riding your Segway. You must then successfully transport them and precisely land them in a bucket all the while riding your Segway.
- Clumsy Waiter – Quick! Fill up the cups of water, place them on your tray, jump on your Segway and navigate the obstacle course, don’t be clumsy and spill any or it could cost you the race
- Plus lots more fun and exciting challenges. To name a few there is Massive Egg & Spoon races, Olympic Relay, The Gauntlet, Guide Dog and Hula Dance.
Segway Team Challenges combine the fun and adventure of riding a Segway with many other elements that all require the full assistance of the team to ensure success. By the end of program everyone will had a shared positive experience that is unique and guaranteed to be truly memorable.
If you do not want to participate in the Segway Olympics you can take your time and enjoy the garden surroundings at your leisure.
BYO Picnic Lunch or
eat at the nearby Waterfall Café
(on Parklands Rd opposite Carinya St)
Bookings essential to confirm numbers.
Closing date for bookings is 10pm Wednesday 14th March
We will be having a leisurely drive from Thornleigh McDonalds to Mount Penang Parklands Kariong.
9.20 Meet at Thornleigh McDonalds
9.40 Drivers Briefing
9.50 Leave Head along M1 heading towards Gosford. Then take the Central Coast Highway A49, Continue straight for 1.3km then turn Left into the Avenue Kariong
10.30 arrive at Mount Penang Parklands